The TSC Subsea MagCrawler™ represents the latest in remote subsea inspection technology. It was developed specifically to enable the ROV deployment of TSC Subsea’s exclusive ACFM® Array Probes to inspect subsea geometries such as circumferential welds in pipes/tubulars, fillet and full-penetration welds in plates.
The MagCrawler™ provides access to areas that are restricted, dangerous or expensive to reach using divers, such as the splash zone and confined compartments.
The MagCrawler™ offers smart deployment and operation:
- Once the MagCrawler™ magnetically attaches to the inspection surface, the ROV releases it.
- Two rubber caterpillar tracks provide crawler traction and are easily maneuverable to steer the crawler over the inspection surface.
- Motorised mechanisms allow the probe to be deployed accurately over the weld to be inspected.
- A 360° rotational head allows flange welds to be inspected with full coverage of the weld and the heat-affected zone.
- Passive compliance holds the probe in contact with the inspection surface, ensuring the probe is aligned correctly with the inspection surface during operation.
- Dedicated control software follows simple weld paths.
- Positional adjustments can be made in both longitudinal and transverse directions, which allows full coverage of the area to be inspected.
- The MagCrawler™ captures high-quality ACFM® data with the fine motor controls and on-board, backlit cameras provide real-time visual feedback to verify that the stipulated scan criteria are being met.
- Can easily maneuver on diameters greater than 760mm (30 ins)
- Uses a closed-loop feedback motor control for accurate weld tracking and a uniform scan speed
- Can inspect through paint and other coatings
- Is tolerant of residual marine growth
Vessels and FPSOs