The ARTEMIS® vCompact has been designed, developed and built by TSC Subsea’s team of engineers to work in tandem with Inspection and Work Class ROV’s for the remote inspection of pipelines and structures. High-resolution wall thickness measurement through coating is made possible with the inclusion of Acoustic Resonance Technology (ART) as part of the ARTEMIS® vCompact design.
The ARTEMIS® vCompact is the ideal solution for tight access field joint inspection without the need for coating removal. Acoustic Resonance Technology (ART) has been built into the tool design to make high accuracy wall thickness measurements and corrosion mapping possible through penetrating and inspecting subsea coating with lightweight, high-precision two axis scanning.
Strong magnetic feet enable the scanner to be securely fixed in position and once delivered the ROV will detach avoiding the need to hold the station accurately for longer periods of time.
Probe Control and Deployment
The scanner uses motorised mechanisms which enable the probe to accurately follow the area to be inspected. Inspection data is transferred using ethernet to topside computer and can be available for immediate analysis and reporting
Full coverage of the area to be inspected is achieved by adjustments to the probe in both parallel and transverse directions.
ARTEMIS® vCompact Feastures and Benefits include:
- Robust compact design aids ease of handling on deck and integration with ROV
- Versatile design for axial and circumferential measurements
- Unique ‘teach and learn’ system ensures high quality repeatable inspections
- Designed for deployment on a range of diameters and inspection with latest Acoustic Resonance Technology (ART)
- Provides direct quantitative wall thickness measurement with highly accurate depth sizing (± 0.2mm)
- Low profile design lends itself to tight access applications
- Instant data capture for audit and comparison
Vessels and FPSOs