For the purposes of applicable data protection law, TSC Subsea is the controller of any personal information collected from you on this website or otherwise for conducting or developing our business with you. Note TSC Subsea is a trading name of TSC Subsea.
We have created the following policy to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit this website, our server automatically collects certain browser or device generated information, including but not limited to your:
- IP address;
- date, time and duration of your visit;
- browser type;
- operating system; and
- page visits.
We do not use this automatically collected information to try to identify you, however, we may associate it with the information you provide voluntarily, as detailed below.
Information You Provide
In using this website, conducting business with us or seeking to conduct business with us, you may voluntarily provide personal information to us in the following ways:
- by filling in forms (for example, a “Ask an Expert” form), on our website or at a trade show or anywhere else we conduct business;
- by downloading documentation from our website;
- by subscribing to newsletters or other communications;
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details; or
- by applying for a job or internship.
Typically, the personal information you give us may include your name, company name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and any personal details required to address any complaints or respond to enquiries. This information is required to enter into a contract with you (such as in anticipation of an employment contract or a purchase agreement or the provision of services such as the download of information from our website) and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products or consider your application for employment.
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
We may also obtain information about you and the company you work for from third parties, including social media and data augmentation services.
Use of Personal Information
The following is an overview of our purposes for using your personal information. Please note that additional details on how we process your personal information may be provided to you in a separate notice or contract.
All processing (i.e. use) of your personal information is justified by a "condition" for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have consented to the processing;
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation; or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using suppler, customer and website user data to conduct and develop our business activities with them and with others.
We use the personal information we collect to:
- conduct and develop our business with you and with others;
- improve our website, and our products and services generally;
- customize our website to users' needs;
- provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested;
- correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints;
- manage a recruitment or internship process, including considering applications and making offers;
- provide you with any services or products you request; and
- send you marketing communications, where it is lawful for us to do so.
TSC Subsea may forward the supplied information to sales partners such as representatives, distributors, or agents for use on TSC Subsea Technologies’ behalf. TSC Subsea and its sales partners may use such information, namely, for the purpose of contacting you regarding products and services. We do not sell, rent, or disclose this information to other companies.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- to obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that personal information is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal information (including the right to have incomplete personal information completed);
- to erase your personal information (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to restrict processing of your personal information where:
- the accuracy of the personal information is contested;
- the processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the personal information;
- we no longer require the personal information, but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- to port your data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where that processing is based on your consent);
- to object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling; and
- to obtain or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal information is transferred to a third country or international organisation.
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to object to any processing of your information which we have justified based on a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you). You also have the right to object to any processing of your information for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
TSC Subsea shall use reasonable efforts to comply with the terms of the present policy and shall react promptly to correct any failure to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TSC Subsea does not warrant that its performance under the present policy will be free of errors. TSC Subsea shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential, or punitive damages relating to the present policy.